On wednesday i headed up to ilkley for a few hours for a short walk and pub lunch.
It has been just over a year since I restarted my blog from the beginning and it has been a good year in terms of views and reaching out on the world wide web especially with the weekly photo challenges becoming popular and despite a little hiatus midway through 2016, still had many comments.
Here I am picking 5 of my favourite blog posts from the last year or so.
I have a few ideas regarding my website, complete new layout with prints to purchase etc.
This weeks challenge subject is Graceful. I went for a walk at my local park through the week and I always find it peaceful even if it was cold and wet.
Here are 5 posts i enjoyed and wish to share.
This is my first weekly challenge post for a while and the first of the year, the subject is Resilient.
Meaning behind the photo i post today, a full house at Elland Road as the winning days continue to return. In past seasons at this stage we would be in a position of dire mid table, but at this time we sit 5th. Good times.
As the year is drawing to a close with christmas and the new year ahead, I have been thinking about a plan for next year.
- Photography- I want to get back into my photography and really focus myself next year, I am hoping to get into some portrait photography and also visit some new places.
- Portfolio- Completely rebuild my portfolio both Graphic Design wise and photography in order to update my website
- Website- my website needs a good update and a total rethink regarding layout etc and move onto marketing my site so i can make more sales.
- Fitness- I would like to get much fitter and keep the motivation to keep going to the gym and when my work shifts allow, Parkrun. I will be running at Leeds 10k in july again and possibly still thinking of doing the Yorkshire 10 Mile. More so to focus on that Leeds 10k Personal Best each year.
- Driving- I really want to pass my driving test next year after failing 3 times already, I will have 6 months or so to pass before having to retake my theory and that is not a option. Failing the 3rd time really hit my confidence in myself to just go for it again, but when i see people passing tests or driving when they shouldnt it has given me extra incentive to prove myself.
- Travel- I would like to visit somewhere new in 2017, so many european cities I want to visit, I also think I will return to Prague to see my friend at some point in the year. Bruges is a place I wish to go and also possibly revisit Amsterdam or to Barcelona, I am thinking of going to New York for my 30th birthday next november.
Back on the August Bank Holiday I went to Whitby, North Yorkshire with 2 friends for the day. It was a great day out and quite warm too, I took my camera with me to get some photos as the town is so photogenic and as I enjoyed my previous shorter evening visit there with the camera last year, I knew that I would get some good images.
Back in August i took a short trip to Prague, Czech Republic to see a friend who had recently moved there and also as it is one of the cities on my list to visit, see https://robdphotographer.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/5-european-cities-i-want-to-visit/ for more details.
Here are a few photos from the trip and an enjoyable 5 days over there.
Highlights of the trip include a Bohemians vs Sparta Praha game, Prague Zoo, Old Town, Prague Castle and cheap beer and Good food.